First United Methodist Church of Oak Park
324 North Oak Park Avenue · Oak Park, Illinois 60302
708·383·4983 · churchoffice@firstUMCoakpark.org
- Pastor, Rev. Katherine Thomas Paisley
- Rev. Katherine grew up in a series of UMC congregations throughout the Northern Illinois Conference, and met her husband, Randy, a student youth pastor, while working together at Rock Falls UMC. When her family moved to Nashville, Katherine attended seminary at Vanderbilt Divinity School and remained in the Tennessee Conference through ordination, serving multiple churches, and the completion a Master’s Degree and a Ph.D. in Homiletics. Twenty-two years after moving South, Pastor Katherine returned to the NIC and served at Freeport and Irving Park United Methodist Churches before her current appointment at FUMC of Oak Park. She has three children: Meg, Carol, and Donny; and enjoys music, drama, poetry, and writing hymn lyrics from time to time.
- Director of Christian Education, Meg Park
- Meg was originally born and raised in Seoul, Korea. She came to Richmond, VA to study Christian Education, then to Evanston to attend Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary for her PhD in Pastoral Theology, Personality and Culture. Along with this academic journey, Meg had also been seeking for ways to fulfill her sense of vocation in ministry. She served youths and young adults in Korean American immigrant churches for seven years, then spent the last four years at Urban Village Church where she extended her ministerial horizon, deepening her own theology in ministry. Meg has a strong heart for young people within and beyond Church, committed to reach out and meet them wherever they are in faith. She loves her ministry at First UMC Oak Park, excited for the new things she hopes to bring, together with the congregation. While she adores wild activities with children, she finds herself rejuvenated through quiet time at home, reading, writing, and contemplating, with her feline companions.
- Facilities Manager, Mike Dutka
- Custodian, Kevin Reese
- Kevin was born in Chicago and then attended school in Oak Park. He loves working for FUMC and being part of a wonderful staff team.