First United Methodist Church of Oak Park
324 North Oak Park Avenue · Oak Park, Illinois 60302
708·383·4983 · churchoffice@firstUMCoakpark.org
- Pastor, Rev. Katherine Thomas Paisley
- Pastor Katherine most recently served Irving Park UMC and now lives in Oak Park with her husband, Randy, and son, Donny. She received her M.Div. and Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University and has pastored many congregations in Tennessee and Illinois.
- Director of Christian Education, Meg Park
- Meg was originally born and raised in Seoul, Korea. She came to Richmond, VA to study Christian Education, then to Evanston to attend Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary for her PhD in Pastoral Theology, Personality and Culture. Along with this academic journey, Meg had also been seeking for ways to fulfill her sense of vocation in ministry. She served youths and young adults in Korean American immigrant churches for seven years, then spent the last four years at Urban Village Church where she extended her ministerial horizon, deepening her own theology in ministry. Meg has a strong heart for young people within and beyond Church, committed to reach out and meet them wherever they are in faith. She loves her ministry at First UMC Oak Park, excited for the new things she hopes to bring, together with the congregation. While she adores wild activities with children, she finds herself rejuvenated through quiet time at home, reading, writing, and contemplating, with her feline companions.
- Administrative Assistant, Noam Greene
- Noam Greene grew up in Oak Park and is active in the Episcopal Church. They currently serve as the Director of Youth Formation for St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church in south Oak Park.
- Facilities Manager, Mike Dutka
- Custodian, Kevin Reese
- Kevin was born in Chicago and then attended school in Oak Park. He loves working for FUMC and being part of a wonderful staff team.